Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass Insulation- which is right for me?
There is an ongoing debate on whether one should choose spray foam or fiberglass to insulate their home. Many don’t know the pros or cons of either type and will choose the traditional fiberglass, because it is what they have always known. Homeland Building Concepts is here to break down the differences for you, and then you can make the choice about how best to insulate your home. We are here not only to please our customers, but to also educate you about the many options we offer.
What Spray Foam and Fiberglass offer the regular customer
● Most homes lose at least 30% of their money through walls, ceilings, basements, and floors. It is important to insulate your home as to save the most money. Traditional fiberglass insulation will never fully insulate your home. Spray foam is able to get into the hard-to-reach, difficult places and secure your home just like an ice chest insulates your items.
● Fiberglass and Spray Foam have only two things in common; however they are what most people are looking for when it comes to insulation. Neither has long term harmful emissions and they are both R- Value and provide thermal comfort.
Read further along for what Spray Foam has that Fiberglass doesn’t.
● Spray Foam can access hard to reach areas such as small spaces between walls and crawl spaces.
● Spray foam does not produce mold, whereas fiberglass can provide a feeding ground for spores if not done correctly.
● Spray Foam does not shrink and cannot be damaged by water. Fiberglass can be affected by water and may produce mold.
● There is so settling or sagging like with fiberglass.
What do I choose?
While fiberglass is generally less expensive, the long term effects of spray foam will save you a lot of money. Homeland Building Concepts offers all types of insulation. Most of our insulation jobs are done with spray foam, but we do offer fiberglass for any customer who decides it is the best option. As always with Homeland Building Concepts, the choice is yours! If you are looking for an environmentally friendly and cost-effective option, spray foam is the way to go. It helps to cut down your heating bill as well as protects the environment and you from mold and other harmful bacteria. Fiberglass is a better choice if you are on a budget and looking for a good alternative to spray foam. Ultimately, however, the choice is yours. We work hard for our customers and will work hard to make your dreams come true.